This is not how I expected to be spending my Wednesday with less than three weeks until Easter. I suppose you would agree! However, here is what I do know, God is in control. He has not moved. Jesus is Lord and Heaven is nearer today than it was yesterday. Praise His Name!
This post is meant to highlight the TOP 3 UPDATES I want you to know.
UPDATE 1: The mayor of Orange County issued a Stay-at-Home order for the next two weeks, with the exception of essential operations. We have confirmed that the church is considered an “essential operation.” Therefore, we will continue to serve you and your family in the coming weeks, albeit via online. Until further notice, we will continue with services online only. While we are an “essential operation” we are being asked to limit gatherings to no more than 10 people. We believe it is the safest response to continue with online services only at this point. With that said, Aloma Church is STILL in community with each other! I was thrilled to see several of our Life Groups meeting via video conference on Sunday morning AND our Steps to Freedom ministry continuing to minister through technology as well! I know that technology is not for everyone, but it is amazing to see the church still coming together around the Word, fellowshipping, and praying together.
We have closed our offices for most of the week and the majority of our ministers and staff are working from home. Though we are not in the office all day, we are meeting regularly as a staff for prayer and ministry preparation via ZOOM video calls. Also, the staff are meeting needs of several of our Senior Adults and Single moms. While things have changed in this season, I assure you that ministry is happening by the ministers and staff at Aloma Church.
I could not be more proud of our team as I watch them going above-and-beyond during this time. If you have a need (or know of someone with a need) we want to help if we can. We will be checking our email [email protected]
at various times throughout the day and our voicemail at 407-671-6851.
UPDATE 3: We are creating a lot of content in an effort to serve the Body of Christ in these days. We are writing blogs for encouragement and devotion, creating videos for discipleship, and activities for our children. Below are the places you can find all of the content being created by the team at Aloma.
- Broadcast live each Sunday at 9:30am and 11:00am : CHURCH WEBSITE | YOUTUBE PAGE | FACEBOOK LIVE
- You can also watch the services through the church app. Download it today on the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Simply search for Aloma Church.
- If you are unable to join at our broadcast times, you can access the services via the YouTube Page or Facebook Live once the service ends.
- Please share the services with your friends and neighbors. Create a Watch Party if you are connecting through Facebook. We want to share the love of Jesus with as many people as possible in these days.
- Download Pastor’s Pals and let your kids follow along with Pastor Wes as he preaches. Be sure to take and upload a picture to social media of your children’s sheet with #AlomaAllin
- Our family team provides a worship element for your children at 10:30am on Sunday (BETWEEN the Sunday services) via the Church Website, YouTube, or Facebook links above.
- We also are providing Midweek videos and discipleship content for you to engage your children with Scripture.
- All of this content can be found at www.alomachurch.org/kids
- Each week we are providing a video with several Discussion Questions based on Pastor Wes’ sermon. This is intended to discuss within your family OR your Groups that are meeting via technology. This video can be accessed here: www.alomachurch.org/discipleship
- We are posting a written blog almost daily. These are meant to encourage, enrich, and deepen your personal walk with Christ. Access here: www.alomachurch.org/blog
- We will begin posting short devotion videos on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday that can be accessed via our YouTube or Facebook Page.
- We are sending out daily prayer needs. If you would like to receive these emails please, please CLICK HERE. If you have a prayer need, please let us know at www.alomachurch.org/prayer.
Thank you for your continued support of Aloma Church through your prayers, encouragement, and financial support. Your faithfulness enables us to point people to Jesus, our living hope!