Aloma Church Family,
I want to thank so many of you for joining with us online and worshiping King Jesus with your church family through technology this past Sunday. We touched over 1,000 people LIVE and many more worshiped with us in the hours and days that have followed. Please take three minutes and read this important update on our service schedule and also the ministries we are creating in order to further the Gospel and fulfill our mission to do whatever it takes for people to experience life change.
Many of you watched as President Trump spoke Monday and has requested all Americans to avoid groups and meetings larger than 10 people for the next 15 days. As you know, we have already moved worship services for this Sunday (March 22) to be ONLINE only. We will send an update next week concerning Sunday, March 29. Here is how you can connect with us LIVE this Sunday:
LIVE-STREAM Sunday at 9:30 (rebroadcast at 11:00 am) located at any of these places online:
If you miss the LIVE-Stream at 9:30 or 11:00, you can access the service at any of the links above once the live broadcast ends.
While we desire to come together physically as the church, we are siding with an over-abundance of caution in order to slow the spread of this virus. The elderly, the immune-compromised, infants, doctors, first responders and many others are relying on us to follow these guidelines to protect them.
With all that said, we are still compelled to fulfill the Great Commission of seeing lost people saved AND saved people discipled in Christ. The following are ministries that we are launching in an effort to provide content and structure for our church to continue fulfilling our vision during these uncertain days.
1. We are providing a discipleship video following the Sunday services to be used in discussion groups during the week. This group could be your family at home. It could be a group you call on the phone or video call via Skype/ZOOM. No matter if it is two or ten people, we encourage you to seek community during this time with other believers, even if it is via technology. Here is what this looks like:
– The Discipleship video will be on the Homepage at www.alomachurch.org/discipleship , Vimeo page and YouTube page. Watch it and discuss it with your family at home or your group online either on Sunday evening or during the week.
– The church can assist you if you need help setting up a video-based ZOOM call. Every participant would need a computer/phone with a camera and access to the internet. Contact [email protected] if you are interested.
– If you are interested in joining an online discipleship community, please email Pastor Kortney Fenley at [email protected]
2. We will be providing content for our children this week. Our Family Team is working hard to provide material that will engage our kids. All of the items below can be accessed at www.alomachurch.org/kids
1. Before your family joins with us LIVE on Sunday morning, download and print this week’s Pastor’s Pal sheet for your child. The Pastor’s Pal is a front-and-back sheet that helps children interact with the message as Pastor Wes preaches.
2. Following both the 9:30 and 11:00 services our Family Team will go LIVE for a 15-20 minute Kid-Friendly service. This service will have music, skits and our amazing team that your kids know and love. There is not a separate link to access the Kids service. It will begin to play once the main service concludes.
1. The Family team will email you links to our video curriculum, including discussion questions that will engage your children.
2. You can also access this content online at www.alomachurch.org/kids
Thank you for your prayers and understanding as we walk through this together. Also, know that your giving is making these ministries and services happen. You can give online at www.alomachurch.org/give or you can mail the tithe and offerings to the church at:
Aloma Church Office
1815 State Road 436
Winter Park, FL 32792
Thank you for your continued support through the tithe and offerings.